Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen, a well-respected law firm concentrating in affordable housing and community development, is looking for a real estate paralegal. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. The qualified candidate must be a detail-oriented self-starter who is extremely dependable, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a highly responsible and rewarding full-time position.
SUMMARY OF KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage complex transactions as a contributing member of a highly performing team of attorneys and paralegals
- Clearly and routinely communicate transaction status
- Maintain, organize and assemble electronic and hard copies of transaction and due diligence documents
- Retrieve documentation as required for real estate transactions
- Order, review and analyze title commitments, recorded documents and surveys
- Develop, monitor and update checklists for real estate transactions
- Prepare documents and coordinate execution and delivery of documentation to other counsel, lenders, governmental agencies, vendors, etc.
- Work with clients to obtain required documentation
- Lead conference calls and coordinate client communication
- Work independently, as well as with a team and clients
- At least 3 years of paralegal experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent technical writing skills, are essential
- Intermediate-level skills working with Microsoft Office applications, document management systems and timekeeping software are necessary
- Experience handling a high volume of real estate transactions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys and clients on a daily basis
- Proven ability to manage a significant workload and prioritize multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, creative thinker and problem solver
Formed in 1998, Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen, P.C. serves its clients in all aspects of real estate development, ownership, financing and investment. The firm has particular expertise and a national reputation in the area of affordable housing and community development, including the syndication of federal low income housing tax credits, federal historic tax credits, new market tax credits, energy credits and state tax credits. Lawyers in the firm engage in a sophisticated practice, representing individual entrepreneurs, tax exempt community development organizations, public housing and authorities.