We currently have an opening in our Chicago office for a paralegal clerk. The position is an in-person entry-level role designed to build the foundational skills required to advance into a paralegal role. As a paralegal clerk you will need to be highly organized, adaptable, personable, enthusiastic, driven, and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on a timely basis.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate closings by assisting paralegals with management of closing checklists, preparation of signature page packets, assembly of final executed documents and preparation of closing binders
- Draft and assist in preparation of various corporate and real estate documents, including corporate formation documents, certificates, and resolutions, escrow letters, deeds, title exception clearance documentation, cover letters, proposals, CLE presentations, conflict waiver letters, deal summaries and draft proposals
- Collect, download, organize, identify, number and upload due diligence for closings
Proof written legal descriptions
- Order and review UCC, judgment lien and litigation searches and prepare search results charts
- Coordinate with paralegals on review of surveys, title insurance commitments, draft title policies & final title policies
- Work collaboratively with paralegal and attorney teams to complete any special projects as requested
- Perform notary services
- Other related tasks as requested by attorneys or paralegals
- Graduation from a paralegal studies program and paralegal certificate strongly preferred
- Minimum of one-year internship or professional services experience with a strong preference for candidates with legal experience
- Corporate and real estate experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Experience with iManage or other document management systems
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will occasionally require extended hours
APPLEGATE IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT CONSIDERATION OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, CITIZENSHIP, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEX OR GENDER, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW. IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY OR SPECIAL NEED THAT REQUIRES ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO APPLY! FOR ANY RELATED INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT US USING THE FORM BELOW.