Mid-Level/Senior Transactional Attorney (Affordable Housing Focus)
Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen, P.C., is seeking transactional attorneys to join our rapidly growing affordable housing and community development practice. This is a unique opportunity to do well by doing good, with a path to future partnership.
Our mission-driven focus attracts top talent who is inspired to do work we love and that has a positive social impact. We currently have an opportunity for a transactional attorney who would like to join our team.
The attorney will join our practice providing counsel on a full range of affordable housing, multi-family housing, and community development projects, with a primary focus on housing projects. This position requires 3-8 years of practicing transactional experience, ideally in a law-firm setting, and familiarity working on complex housing finance and community development projects. Qualified candidates will have significant experience with the following:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements
- Due diligence, and title & survey review
- Managing real estate components for debt and equity project financing transactions, including resolution of complex real estate issues for deal closings
- Advising on a broad range of real estate matters
- Mentoring, training, and managing junior real estate attorneys and paralegals
- Managing multiple large, complex transactions
Candidates must also:
- Share our mission-driven purpose
- Be members in good standing with the state bar where you reside
- Have the ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational and planning skills, with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure
Real estate transactional experience involving tax credit syndication and government finance is strongly preferred. FHA lending/HUD experience is a plus, but not required.
Qualified senior transactional candidates can work in our Chicago office or remotely if they reside outside of the Chicago area.
APPLEGATE IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT CONSIDERATION OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, CITIZENSHIP, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEX OR GENDER, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW. IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY OR SPECIAL NEED THAT REQUIRES ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO APPLY! FOR ANY RELATED INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT US USING THE FORM BELOW.