We currently have an opening in our Chicago office for a Project Assistant to work collaboratively with our team on specific short- and long-term projects. In this role, you will oversee tasks delegated to you by paralegals and attorneys, coordinate with various internal and external parties, and ensure that the project is moving forward on time and on budget. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently.
Project Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and assist in preparation of various materials, including engagement letters, proposals, CLE presentations, conflict waiver letters, deal summaries, and draft proposals.
- Manage various aspects of document creation and review, including creating first drafts of key documents, updating deal documents with comments from opposing counsel, checking documents for spelling/grammar errors, reviewing revisions on non-ATT controlled docs and highlighting substantive changes for attorneys, and redacting legal documents.
- Assist with deal closings, including diligence upload, ordering corporate documents, signature page compilation, deal tracking and closing binder organization, creating summary sheets, and saving relevant documentation to internal database. The role will also require collaboration with the finance team and attorneys to draft pre-bills, calculate invoice totals and prepare billing materials.
- Client-facing responsibilities, including responding to client surveys, re-directing client queries to the appropriate parties, and creating new client pitch materials.
- Various administrative responsibilities, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with paralegal and attorney teams to complete any additional tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of internship or professional services experience preferred
- Ability to organize work-flow and manage time efficiently
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks
- Independent, self-starting, and self-motivated
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to proactively spot and/or address potential issues
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Positive and encouraging personality
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team’s success
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring law students to gain professional experience in a law firm setting prior to attending law school. Please note, Project Assistants are asked to make a minimum two-year commitment to the firm prior to departing for law school.
APPLEGATE IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT CONSIDERATION OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, CITIZENSHIP, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEX OR GENDER, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW. IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY OR SPECIAL NEED THAT REQUIRES ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO APPLY! FOR ANY RELATED INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT US USING THE FORM BELOW.