Commitment to Clients and Communities
I receive the greatest satisfaction at the firm from feeling that I have made a small contribution toward strengthening communities and creating environments that all people can thrive in by providing high quality legal services and advice to our clients who are doing the real hard work.
Current Focus: My practice is focused on the representation of investors, community development entities, lenders, nonprofits and developers in New Markets Tax Credit transactions.
- Represented tax credit investor and community development entity in the financing for the development and construction of a crisis center and emergency shelter for domestic violence victims in Michigan
- Represented tax credit investor in the financing of a new and expanded location for the Cleveland Children’s Museum in Ohio
- Represented nonprofit food bank in two phases of financing for the construction of a new food warehouse and distribution facility with a commercial kitchen and office space in Texas
- Represented nonprofit federally qualified health center (FQHC) in the financing of a new larger medical clinic containing a new dental clinic, a pharmacy, an administration suite, a training center, an outside meeting/learning space, an outdoor walking path and an outdoor children’s play area in Colorado
- American Bar Association
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Member, Advisory Board for TRP Lending (an emerging CDFI)