Current Focus: My practice focuses on representation of lenders in affordable housing and community development transactions. I have represented commercial, CDFI and governmental lenders in construction and permanent financing, bond purchases, credit enhancements, warehouse lending, new market tax credit transactions and TIF and other specially-collateralized transactions. I have also represented developers, investors and syndicators in both low-income housing and historic tax credit transactions as well as shopping centers and hotel developments.
Since the beginning of my legal career, I have been involved in activities designed to expand opportunity and improve communities. I was one of the founding members of the Chicago Committee and served as a co-chair of the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division Minorities in the Profession Committee, organizations whose purpose was to expand opportunities for minorities in the legal profession. I have also served as the Chairman of the Board of St. Bernard Hospital, and Chairman of the St. Bernard Housing Development Corporation, as those organizations pursue their objectives of addressing the health and housing needs of the Englewood neighborhood in Chicago.
- Co-Founder, Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms
- Past Board Member, Chicago Bar Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Chairman, St. Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center
- Chairman, St. Bernard Housing Development Corporation
- Chairman, Le Royer Foundation
- Board Member, Teamwork Englewood
- Fellow, Leadership Greater Chicago