Current Focus: I joined Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen in 2007. I focus my real estate practice on affordable housing finance and development representing investors, syndicators, and developers, both non-profit and for profit. I have experience in multi-tiered debt and equity financing structures utilizing federal and state Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, federal and state historic tax credits, FHA-insured loans, public housing capital grants, and a variety of state and local funding programs.
I also have experience providing legal and policy assistance to municipalities and community groups related to creating, preserving, and rehabilitating affordable housing.
- Paul Davis, Glenn A. Graff, Kelli Harsch, Kathie Soroka, & Benjamin J. Swartzendruber, Initiatives and Tools for the Preservation of Affordable Housing in Illinois, 18 JOURNAL OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT LAW 403 (2009).
- American Bar Association
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, Business Law Section
- Member, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Board Member, Housing Action Illinois
- Board Member, Oak Park Regional Housing Center