Current Focus: I joined Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen in 2003. I concentrate my practice in the area of affordable housing development and finance, representing both developers and equity investors. I have experience with various federal, state and local loan and grant programs that provide financing for the rehabilitation and construction of affordable housing, including the syndication of federal low-income housing tax credits and state donation tax credits, tax increment financing, and multi-tiered private and governmental loan and grant programs, including HOPE VI and other mixed-finance programs.
- Paul Davis, Glenn A. Graff, Kelli Harsch, Kathie Soroka, & Benjamin J. Swartzendruber, Initiatives and Tools for the Preservation of Affordable Housing in Illinois, 18 JOURNAL OFAFFORDABLE HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT LAW 403 (2009).
- American Bar Association
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Adjunct Professor, The John Marshall Law School
- Board Member, First Community Land Trust