Current Focus: My practice concentrates on acquisition, disposition, development, financing, structuring and leasing of residential, commercial and industrial real property. During my 25+ year career, I have worked with several prominent national and regional real estate firms and corporations.
I have a particular focus in land use development and zoning matters. I have worked on significant private development projects in the City of Chicago and in suburban municipalities in the Chicagoland area assisting clients in rezonings, annexations and the procurement of other public entitlements. I have also appeared before local zoning boards, plan commissions and municipal councils at numerous public meetings in the Chicago area, including, Chicago, Evanston, Skokie, Winnetka, Grayslake, Lake Bluff, Shorewood and Wheeling. And have expertise in the area of real estate taxation, especially with respect to tax delinquent property.
I have significant experience working on development projects in the City of Chicago. I regularly appear before the Chicago Plan Commission and the City Council Committee on Zoning.
My real estate representations have included:
- A mixed-use development at Wilson and Broadway in Chicago with affordable multi-family and senior housing and a Target store
- An 84-unit mixed-use project at Clybourn and Division in Chicago
- A 127-unit mixed-use project on the site of the former Rainbo Roller Rink on the north side of the City of Chicago
- An independent senior housing development with an adjacent skilled nursing facility in Shorewood
- The Chicago Bears in connection with the renovation of Soldier Field along the City’s lakefront
- The sale of the former Sun-Times printing facility in Chicago
- The Chicago Cubs in connection with the renovation of Wrigley Field
Honors and Awards
- Leading Lawyer–Real Estate, Illinois Leading Lawyers